Buyer - 2nd Shift
- Posted: over a month ago
- $23 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
Delivery Buyer – B Shift
A Global Fortune 500 company is looking for a Delivery Buyer – B Shift to join their team. Company offers:
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Career Advancement and stability
- Manages mass production part ordering and delivery through effective planning, communication, and supplier interface. Apply technical and problem solving skills to prevent impact to operations and support achievement of department targets. Responsible for material procurement, production planning, inventory control, outsourcing, supplier process management and countermeasure implementation. Identifies, researches, evaluates, and selects suppliers that meet the defined standards of price, quality and reliability of supply (design change points).
- Thorough understanding and accurate maintenance of process related systems for suppliers and parts requiring B shift follow up activity. Material releases, service parts, maintenance within GPCS to ensure sufficient inventory levels to support warehouse packing operations and plant production.
- Establish and maintain communication networks with supply base to promote positive relationship focused on delivery performance (building relationships with suppliers)
- Identify, evaluate, and escalate critical issues to management to ensure appropriate allocation of resources in a timely manner. Buyer identifies gaps and develops specific countermeasures to mitigate risk of critical issue.
- Continually develop communication networks, both external and internal, to ensure operational success and department awareness. Work with PSG, Plant contacts, PC, Suppliers, SA, PED, SCM Ops, SPEC Control, etc. when implementing input changes that will generate changepoints to buyer-controlled suppliers.
- Collaborate with departments project leaders to support all specified Mass Production (Site Delivery Frame) department projects to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI) targets by mitigating risk of Downtime, GDP, and TRPU through quick reaction and countermeasure development.
- Understand and manage New Model and Mass Production design change activity through close collaboration w/ impacted supplier to ensure quality and effective date implementation to minimize Production impact and cost
- Maintain reporting and Gemba activity for root cause analysis / countermeasure implementation to solve complex problems. Process management and countermeasure implementation through Gemba activity internally (plant/warehouse) and externally (supplier production facilities/warehouses).
- Strive for continuous improvement through cycling Plan Do Check Action (PDCA) for area of responsibility (supplier ordering, design change control management, Supplier Problem Management, etc…) to ensure associate success
- Support company vision and Business Plan activity by leading/supporting in Marutoku theme activity and/or project initiatives w/in associate’s core job function
- Associate’s Degree (2 years) or equivalent related experience
- 2 years experience
- Knowledge of basic inventory management and manufacturing workflow
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with limited direction.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems in a team-based work environment.
- Consistently identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Collect data and apply business knowledge to solve a range of problems
- Effectively lead project themes
- Effectively sell ideas, securing buy-in from individuals or team
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
About CTI: Compass Tech International (CTI) is dedicated to providing the highest quality Staffing, Recruiting and Managed Services to our customers nationwide, to create greater efficiencies, better results and effective communications to improve their talent access and worker effectiveness while finding solutions for workflow and process improvement.
Talk today to your Compass Tech recruiter. If the immediate job opportunities from our 100+ active client companies is not readily apparent, CTI’s team will stick with you to find the right opportunity, or guide you to improve your process to find success. And via that, a brighter career path.
Are you ready? Apply online or email your resume to email@example.com
CTI provides a broad range of business solutions and engineering services worldwide, including technical, administrative, management and executive level consulting services, project management and engineering outsourcing services, and cross-culture leadership development programs for clients in various industries.
CTI's consultants possess extensive experience, industry knowledge, in-depth understanding of current job market conditions, business networking, and insight to help our clients fill their business needs.
CTI's Military Veteran program offers much needed talent to US companies, while supporting those who have served. Doing the "Right Thing" is a great business decision.
Compass Tech International
About Us CTI provides a broad range of business solutions and engineering services worldwide, including technical, administrative, management and executive level consulting services, project management and engineering outsourcing services, and cross-culture leadership development programs for clients in various industries. CTI's consultants possess extensive experience, industry knowledge, in-depth understanding of current job market conditions, business networking, and insight to help our clients fill their business needs. CTI's Military Veteran program offers much needed talent to US companies, while supporting those who have served. Doing the "Right Thing" is a great business decision.
BusinessView all jobs at Compass Tech International