Direct Support Professional (DSP)- Life Coach
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$750 Hiring Bonus!
Compass, Inc., a progressive, non-profit organization located in Beltsville, Maryland supports individuals with intellectual disabilities, is accepting applications for the DSP- Life Coach positions in PG and Montgomery Counties. The DSP Life Coach supports people to achieve meaningful lives as valued members of their community through engagement in work or volunteer activities and other meaningful day activities. Life Coaches partner with people they are supporting and mentor them in daily life activities. This includes but is not limited to activities around the home, in the community and or on the job. We are seeking enthusiastic candidates with a passion for helping others and for sharing their own interests with others. Are you a painter? A writer? A thrill seeker? A reader? A computer geek? An athlete? A singer? A dancer? Come share your interests here at Compass and inspire others to use their talents.
Pay Range: $15.50 - 15.75 an hour depending on location.
Hours: Mon-Fri 9a-3p
The ideal candidate will:
- Be friendly, patient, reliable, nurturing, have good interpersonal and good communication skills.
- Be good listeners who often ask open-ended questions to guide people in the right direction, rather than simply telling them what to do.
- Be on time, be reliable and be responsible.
- Be patient and provide lots of TLC.
- Protect Individual’s rights to privacy and confidentiality.
- Understand that Individuals are the ones in charge of their lives and get to choose and be engaged in activities.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, 401K retirement plan with generous employer match. Paid time off. Time and half pay for working on designated holidays. Paid training, Mileage reimbursement.
Qualifications: A high school diploma or GED, functional reading and writing skills. Prior experience with helping people with disabilities is preferred but not necessary. Must have valid driver’s license, clean driving record and own a reliable vehicle for providing transportation as needed to and from the job site and or other meaningful community activities (pandemic conditions permitting.) Mileage is reimbursed. Must pass background check requirements. Must be CPR/First Aid certified and able to complete other training certifications shortly after hire. Paid training available. Proof of COVID vaccination required or must be willing to get vaccinated in first 45 days of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressMontgomery County, MD
Personal CareView all jobs at Compass Maryland