Compass, Inc., a non-profit organization located in Beltsville, MD that supports adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are currently accepting applications for the Administrative Support Specialist position. This position reports to the HR Department and is responsible for providing office management and administrative support to the organization. This position also supervises reception. During the coming months, this position will also be responsible for coordinating systematic COVID testing of Compass’ direct support staff. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage inventory, ordering and distribution of office supplies
- Manage and distribute incoming mail
- Maintain copier and postal meter machines
- Coordinate vendor services for the office
- Coordinate receipt, completion and distribution of monthly administrative reports
- Provide administrative support to various departments including tracking training compliance, capital budget expenses, vehicle maintenance, and grants management.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Direction with communication and meetings with the Board, local, state and federal legislators.
- Provide coordination and administrative support for Compass Special Events
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Background and demonstrated knowledge and experience in database management
- Prior experience and demonstrated proficiency in performance of administrative functions for a fast-paced office environment
- Strong computer and helpdesk skills including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Access
- Excellent skills at providing effective staff training and troubleshooting for implementation and use of software technology
- Strong administrative skills and knowledge of a human services/non-profit environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once and ensure proper follow through as needed
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of people
- Familiarity with scope of services provided by Compass, Inc.
- A high level of commitment to take initiative and maintain a positive “can do” attitude
- A high level of personal accountability, integrity and ethical standards
Qualifications: Associate degree from an accredited College or University in Business Administration or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred. One -two years administrative experience and prior office management experience is a plus. Candidates who possess a high school diploma but do not have a college degree may also be considered if they possess a minimum of four years related experience. Must be able to use computer applications (i.e., Microsoft Office Suites), telephones, fax machine, calculator, copier and other office equipment as needed. Must have valid driver’s license, with clean driving record and be able to drive own or Company vehicle as needed on occasional basis (trips to post office, Costco, etc.)
Compensation and Work Condition: $38,000 to $40,000 annual salary depending on qualifications. Excellent benefits. Hours are typically M-F 9a-5p, but extended hours may infrequently be needed for special events. Employee will be working in an office environment but may need to travel to other work sites on an infrequent basis. Must be able to sit for extended periods, bend, pull, push and lift up to 40 pounds (lifting is infrequent.) In addition, must be willing and able to spend extended periods outdoors or in a medical tent for coordinating drive thru COVID testing. PPE will be provided and portable heaters will be available for the tent. This position will primarily be reporting to our main office each day which follows all COVID precautions and has only a skeleton crew of employees working on site as most staff are still teleworking. It is anticipated that teleworking opportunities for this position will be limited as the person is needed to assist with managing the office and coordinating COVID testing.
Powered by JazzHR