Compass Healthcare Consulting & Placement is conducting a search for a Certified Home Healthcare Agency to search for an experienced RN Director of Intake, a Registered Nurse with Director level Intake and Certified Home Healthcare experience, to work in a Brooklyn office.
RN Director of Intake
Responsible for managing all aspects of the patient intake process including managing the members of the intake team, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers and referral sources, responding to customer requests and concerns.
Directly Supervises and Evaluates: Intake Coordinators, Intake Nurse Specialists, Intake Liaisons, Intake clerks & coordinators.
JOB DUTIES /KNOWLEDGE
- Directs all daily patient referral and intake operations
- Provides direct oversight of the establishment and implementation of intake policies.
- Directs staffing and distribution of workload of the Intake Department.
- Assures patient information is entered accurately.
- Ensures intake functions are completed in a timely and complete manner.
- Assures that all referral parties, patients and staff are treated with dignity and in a non discriminatory manner and in a way that maximizes customer satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance with all State and Federal regulatory requirements, and Agency policies regarding the referral and intake process.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources.
- Ensures seamless transition of patients to home care by providing oversight of care plan initiation and coordination of care with multiple service providers.
- Recruits, selects, orients and directly manages members of the intake team.
- Establishes and monitors community and customer relationships.
- Gathers, collates and reports referral statistics including key trends.
- Provides leadership in strategic planning including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to meet customer needs.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of Agency contractual relationships and ensures that patients are admitted according to contract provisions.
- Degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of five years of clinical nursing experience
- Minimum of two years of home health experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent skills in customer relations.
- Motivated and self-directed, and able to effectively motivate and direct others.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and communicate well, familiar with Certified Home Healthcare & Intake Process.
- Must have prior Managerial experience.
- Planning, writing and coordinating referrals for home care services and discharge planning with personnel.
- Coordinating with insurance case managers to complete intake referral information including intake data, essential background information, insurance verification, course and plan of care.
- Maintaining relationships with outside personnel by providing information, education and marketing agency services.
- Strong Knowledge of Medicare regulations
- Patient Oriented
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Highly Organized
Qualified Candidates Please Apply Now for Immediate Consideration