Compass Healthcare Consulting & Placement is conducting a search for a Licensed Social Worker for a position with a Skilled Nursing Home in Dialysis located in the Queens, NY. Qualified candidates will have prior experience with Dialysis Case Management Social Work. Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits! Position is Monday-Friday, with occasional weekend day required.
Licensed Social Worker - Dialysis
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Licensed Social Worker position provides all social work services in the assigned Dialysis areas, in accordance with established standards of practice, current federal, state and local guidelines and regulations and as may be directed by the Director Social Services to assure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the residents are met and maintained on an ongoing and consistent basis.
- Provide orientation to resident and family upon admission and provide all the necessary information and documents
- Coordinate setup of basic services
- Identify immediately needs, potential or actual adjustment issues and in coordination with interdisciplinary team members, develop care planning strategies and document same
- Initiate care plans to address and/all psycho-social issues including discharge planning. Document updates to the care plans on a biweekly basis.
- Complete designated sections on the MDS and RAP notes as per schedule
- Maintain current all social work documentation on the medical chart including but not limited to: monthly progress notes, room/hospital transfers, and information to support MDS assessments
- Utilize a variety of treatment modalities: individual/group counseling to patients/families concrete services, crisis intervention, referrals to other departments or outside agencies and/or collaboration with other members of the team
- Facilitate staff patient family discussion of care issues and problem solving.
- Collaborate with the physician/nurse practitioner in the patients’ execution of advance directives.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship and communication with other members of the team to ensure that patient care needs are met.
- Facilitate family participation in attendance at care plan meetings and arranging for transportation for outside clinic visits
- Coordinate with Admissions and the Business Office any financial issues which may impact on discharge or stay in the facility.
- Education: Master’s Degree, required
- Experience : A minimum of 1 year of job-related experience within Dialysis Unit
Qualified Candidates Please Apply Now for Immediate Consideration!
Competitive Salary & Benefits, based on relevant experience!