Sustainability Internship Chartwells HE, University of Memphis
Compass GroupMemphis, TN
Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Sustainability Intern
Department: Chartwells Higher Education
You will be working closely with the leaders in the University of Memphis Hospitality group developing skills and competencies to understand what is needed to be successful in the world of sustainability. You will gain valuable experience in the following areas: operations, marketing, administration, guest services, problem resolution, planning and implementation of innovation and client relationship skills. This internship involves hands on experience working in the world of hospitality which will guide you to your personal success in a career of sustainability.
• A love of the world of hospitality
• Interest in the service industry
• Attitude of a leader
• Enjoyment of inspiring others and sharing knowledge
• Good to better interpersonal skills
• General interest and knowledge
• Awareness to sustainability practices
• Must be undergraduate student
Interest in one or more of the following:
• Trim Trax- Waste Management
• Carbon foodprint
• Farm to Fork
• Interest in creating a better community
• Quality Assurance
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
• Research and Analysis of sustainable best practices
• Coordinate sustainable initiatives and visualizing the source of our food
• Results analysis: preparing metric-backed stories for Business Reviews and other touch points
• Inputting your business Unit's operations data into reporting programs
• Food Recovery Network Initiatives
• Executing operational standards
• Story telling: sharing metric-backed stories with reporting entities (e.g. AASHE STARS, GRA, etc.)
• Working in different settings within the world of hospitality: FOH, BOH, Catering, Admin
• Training dining team and students on sustainable initiatives
• Present findings in reports and presentations
• Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment.
• Experience opportunities to learn, observe, and practice a variety of experiences in the world of sustainability.
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 328600
Nearest Major Market: Memphis Job Segment: Intern, Entry Level
Get fresh Sustainability Internship jobs daily straight to your inbox!