A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Compass Group, the world's leading contract foodservice and support service company and #2 rated employer by the Charlotte Observer, has a Great Opportunity for career development and growth as a Sales Tax Accountant.
This role is primarily responsible for timely and accurate compliance with state and local tax laws while providing excellent internal customer service to our field and corporate operations.
- Prepare and file state and local sales and use tax returns, including compilation and analysis of financial data
- Maintain and update sales tax return worksheets and procedures
- Research and resolve general ledger account variances with internal customers
- Reconcile sales and use tax general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
- Respond to sales tax inquiries raised by internal customers and taxing jurisdictions
- Register, renew and cancel state, county, city and local sales tax permits
- Develop and maintain sales tax knowledge relating to laws and regulations in assigned states
- Identify process improvements and cost savings opportunities
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- 4 year degree in Accounting or Tax required; CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 1 to 3 years multi-state sales and use tax compliance experience required. Experience with food/vending or support services industry preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office required, especially Excel, Access is ideal
- Experience with SAP and sales tax compliance software preferred
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Ability to identify trends through data analytics and work orders
- Ability to independently research issues and reach a resolution in all cases
- Must be a detail-oriented, team player with a strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage large amounts of electronic data
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with ability to adjust to shifting priorities
- Ability to work extended hours as required to meet internal and external deadlines
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 266181
JEFFERY F LANDIS
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Job Segment: Accounting, Tax, Food Service, CPA, Finance, Hospitality