- We have an opening for a SUPV, DINING ON-CALL position.
- Location: 353 Fairmont Blvd, Rapid City, SD 57701 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Evenings
- Requirement: Previous food service experience
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's Mindful Choices wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. The Atlanta-based company was named one of Modern Healthcare magazine's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013" and one of Training Magazine's top 125 for 2014.
Full time associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Responsible for coordinating patient meal service; e.g., menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up, special requests and needs for Dining on Call Program. Ensures employees are adequately trained and units are properly staffed to provide service.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Nutrition Operators, Workstation and Wait Staff Associates.
- Oversees systems and processes to ensure that the strategic and operational objectives of the Dining on Call service are accomplished.
- Assists in the selection and orientation of employees and oversees training of Dining on Call staff.
- Works with Nutrition Operators to ensure alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies or sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs additional selections.
- Evaluates patient meal selection, tray completion, tray delivery, and tray retrieval process on a daily basis.
- Responsive to patient's needs at all times. Resolves patient concerns or complaints immediately and/or reports needed assistance to supervisor as appropriate.
- Complies with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations.
- Oversees development and implementation of action plan within Dining on Call service, as appropriate.
- Coordinates and oversees daily and weekly activities/tasks performed by Dining on Call staff.
- Develops and posts employees schedules according to department's policy.
- Updates and communicates job flows changes of Dining on Call positions, as applicable.
- Interacts with nursing to ensure patients' diet prescriptions are accurate, and patient's food needs are met.
- Communicates any patient related problems/concerns to appropriate personnel, in a timely manner following departmental procedures.
- Submits all required documentation, reports, and logs in a timely, professional and complete manner.
- Visits patients on an assigned nursing unit or area and helps ensure that every patient is visited by a member of the management or professional team at least once during their hospital stay.
- Complies with regulatory agency standards, including federal, state, and JCAHO.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures.
- Follows HACCP guidelines when receiving, assembling and distributing food supplies to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 302674
Nearest Major Market: South Dakota
Nearest Secondary Market: Rapid City
Job Segment: Food Service, Hospitality