- We have an opening for a SUPERVISOR, PATIENT DINING position.
- Location: Ochsner Medical Center - 1514 Jefferson Hwy, New Orleans, LA 70121. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T; 12-hour shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Requirement: Previous customer service and/or food service supervisory experience is required.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's Mindful Choices wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. The Atlanta-based company was named one of Modern Healthcare magazine's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013" and one of Training Magazine's top 125 for 2014.
Full time associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Patient Dining Supervisors are responsible to coordinate patient meal service and special requests and needs for the Patient Dining Program. Ensure that Patient Dining Associates are adequately trained and that units are properly staffed to provide service. They are a huge part of creating a culture of comfort and compassion in the healthcare environment, taking care of patients' special requests and nutritional needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees systems and processes to ensure that the strategic and operational objectives of the Patient Dining Program service are accomplished.
- Supervise Patient Dining Associates and ensure they provide services that include helping patients make menu selections, assemble, and deliver/pick-up their meal trays.
- Work with the caregivers and culinary team to determine menu alternatives for patients with food allergies and sensitivities; cultural, ethnic and religious preferences; or when a patient inquires about additional selections.
- Interacts with nursing and evaluates on a daily basis patient meal selection, tray completion, tray delivery and tray retrieval process.
- Is responsive to patients' needs at all times. Communicate problems or concerns with patients to appropriate personnel in a timely manner, following department procedures.
- Assist dietitians, such as helping monitor patients who cannot eat food through their mouth, are on liquid diets or have a specific calorie count to manage.
- Adhere to facility confidentiality and the patient's rights policy as outlined in the facility's Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) policies and procedures.
- Complies with regulatory agency standards, including federal, state and JCAHO.
- Follow Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines, a prevention based food safety system for meal assembly and distribution.
- Comply with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations, as well as department sanitation procedures.
- Complete all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the Morrison Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Conduct daily associate team meetings following Morrison's branded GR8 Start Meeting guidelines and template.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate and read documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, and operation and maintenance instructions.
- Aptitude for effectively operating hospital's admission, discharge and transfer (ADT) system, and other computer-based systems, which manage patient care records.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, as well as maneuver and push food delivery carts. Reasonable accommodations can enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 316951
Nearest Major Market: New Orleans
Job Segment: Chef, Culinary, Food Service, Hospitality