- We have an opening for SUPERVISOR, DINING/BAR positions.
- Location: Harris Dining Hall; 700 Moore St, San Marcos, TX 78666 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Must be available: evenings, late nights and weekend shifts during academic semesters
- Requirement: Comparable employment experience required
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Current Associates: This position has a $250 Employee Referral Bonus! Know someone you would like to refer? Have them apply to this posting via this direct link or at http://www.altogethergreat.com and ask them to provide your name in the "If referred by current employee" section of the online application.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Provides the first level of supervision of food, beverage, and meal services and production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures high quality, good-tasting and well-presented food and beverages are served within established time frames.
- Reviews menu and other production needs to oversee and manage daily functions.
- Assists in purchasing foods and supplies within cost restraints.
- Monitors staff daily to ensure all systems, protocols and quality assurance tools are utilized correctly.
- Understands menu offerings and assists in menu adjustments to meet customer preferences, seasonal variations and cost objectives.
- Visits guest service areas to assess satisfaction levels. Communicates findings as appropriate to management team.
- Communicates to staff regularly, both formally and informally; holds team meetings regularly to ensure staff awareness of department activities.
- Enforces safety standards with employees. Places maintenance requests for malfunctioning equipment and removes it from use. Reports safety problems to the management team.
- Ensures sanitation standards are enforced daily and signs-off on cleaning procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 318094
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Chef, Culinary, Food Service, Hospitality