- We have an opening for aFull Time RUNNER/CATERING EXPEDITERpositions.
- Location: 655 Taylor Street NE Washington, DC,20017.Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full Time; MondaythroughFridayavailability6:00AM - 2:30PM.
- Requirement:Prior food service experience is required.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winningorganization!When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Clickhereto get a sneak peek preview!
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus!If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Clickhereto view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
a vision for creating remarkable events
FOOD FIRST. INSPIRED BY INGREDIENTS. GREAT SERVICE.
About our Company
Since 1986, Occasions Caterers has worked closely with our clients to create remarkable events. We have grown in size but maintain a boutique approach to full-service catering with a focus on custom menus, creative décor, expert planning and gracious service. We craft experiences through food, design and hospitality to reflect your unique style, taste and vision. With over thirty years of experience, we have an unmatched scope of knowledge, resources and relationships to produce events that exceed expectation and delight in every way. Occasions Caterers has a mission to have dedicated team members who support and work together to create exceptional catered experiences each and every day.
If you want to be a part of an exceptional team who values Excellence by setting the bar high, Integrity by living our values, Respect by valuing the contributions of every team member, Teamwork by supporting each other, and Innovation by keeping things exciting, please see our open position below.
Summary: Delivers food to restaurant/dining room patrons in a timely, professional, and efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expediting, storage and handling of food and kitchen smallwares.
- Safely expedite food per HACCP requirements.
- Correctly check food product for quality and quantity control based on items listed per event prior to expediting.
- Check event menu against food to be delivered and alert Kitchen of any discrepancies.
- Properly store product in expediting walk in and dry storage area until the time of delivery.
- Report any malfunctions or repairs needed to refrigeration and food storage areas to VP of Operations.
- Promptly notify Kitchen and VP of Operations of late deliveries or any serious issues with the products.
- Keep all areas of expediting clean, well-organized and properly maintained at all times.
- Maintain all food temperature logs.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in warehousing, receiving, expediting, inventory control or materials management.
- Experience in the food service, hospitality or catering industry preferred.
- ServSafe certification preferred but not required.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).