Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference? Try one of our 4000 public and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining Services. That's about 1.6 million young students we provide meals and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies Chartwells' promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not only our business; it's our commitment to the communities in which we serve.
We are seeking a Registered Dietitian to join our Nutrition Team to support our school district clients in Chicago, IL (Noble Charter School District). Monday-Friday, day shift with occasional nights and weekends as needed.
This position does not provide relocation assistance; therefore, applicants must reside in or near Chicago or be willing and able to relocate without company assistance.
Under the direction of the Regional Dietitian and District Manager, the Resident Dietitian assists with development, implementation and evaluation of nutrition and sustainability initiatives that support School District and Chartwells Schools strategic plan. Supports operations team with regulatory compliance, nutrition program implementation, menu development, dietetic internship, Webtrition management, nutrition education and promotion, parent and community nutrition outreach, media activities, associate training, and food allergy management. May also support regional dietitian with division nutrition initiatives.
- Assists with development, field implementation, and evaluation of nutrition and sustainability mandatory and optional programs.
- Assists field with interpretation of new regulations, maintenance of USDA audit readiness, and preparation for specific USDA and state audits.
- Maintains Chartwells nutrition and regulatory training in the field.
- Takes a leadership role in menu development that meets Chartwells nutrition guidelines, regulatory standards and district food cost goals.
- Coordinates program evaluation protocols and research protocols in the field.
- Assists with dietetic internship as preceptor for dietetic interns in the field in coordination with operator preceptors.
- Implements nutrition education lessons and programs.
- Supports Chartwells sustainability programs in the field.
- Supports strategic purchasing initiatives.
- Leads Webtrition implementation, maintenance and compliance in coordination with Regional Dietitian.
- Writes nutrition communications pieces for internal and external publication.
- Completes media training and supports district media activities.
- Manages food allergies in assigned districts.
- Will travel within the school district as well as occasional coverage throughout the region.
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience (post Dietetic internship) working as a Registered Dietitian required.
- Experience working in a School Foodservice environment, Grades K-12 preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Experience with adult training and group presentations preferred.
Apply to Chartwells Schools today!
Chartwells Schools is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 305797
KRISTEN M STROHMYER
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Intern, Food Service, Entry Level, Hospitality