- We have an opening for a Plant Operations Managerposition.
- Location: Note: online applications accepted only.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Working for Morrison Community Living is more than a job - it's a calling. We are the leading provider of dining, nutrition, wellness and community services to America's senior living communities. From our sustainable food practices and innovative culinary programs - to housekeeping, plant operations and landscaping, we enrich the lives of seniors every day. To do that, we need the best and brightest to work with us. We're seeking talented people who have a passion for seniors. We're making a difference every day. Are you ready to join us?
Full time associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
We are seeking a Plant Operations Manager to support the Maintenance Department in a senior living community in Manhattan, NY.
- Assists in planning, organizing, and controling functions of support services under the scope of the contract
- Develops and recommends new or modified programs, services, and polices & procedures to the Regional Leadership
- Liaison to the client, community groups, agencies, contractors, architects, and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate, and communicate programs
- Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion
- Manages and insures compliance with all local, state, and federal regulatory agencies including the State Health Department,NFPA, and CMS
- Advises on structural changes and additions
- Maintains an environment that is in sanitary, attractive, and in orderly condition
- Supports Preventative Maintenance programs
- Prioritizes, reviews, and disburses work orders
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and supervises all activities of the department
- Maintains the department in an "inspection ready" state at all times
- Maintains excellent relations with residents, client, and all community departments
- Promotes the professional growth and development of the team
- Bachelor's degree in management or related field
- Five to seven years responsibility at a management level in areas of engineering, maintenance, and construction- required
- Proficiency in CMMS Systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Technical knowledge of electric/plumbing/HVAC- required
- Working knowledge of Life Safety Codes- required
- Excellent customer services skills
- Experience with Federal & State healthcare surveys
- Experience with financial accountability
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Chef, Culinary, Food Service, Hospitality