- We have several openings for full and part-time PATIENT TRANSPORTER positions.
- Location: 353 Fairmont Blvd, Rapid City, SD, 57701 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Training provided
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Crothall Healthcare, a division of Compass Group North America, provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, business facilities management and clinical engineering. Crothall is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.
Full time associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Responsible for the safe, timely and accurate transport of patients, medical equipment and patient-related items to their destinations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Properly and safely transports patients, secures IVs, drainage tubes, etc., and secures patient.
- In accordance with the transportation of patients, uses wheelchairs and other approved rolling stock to carry out the essential duties of the position.
- Demonstrates competency in transporting all specific age groups.
- Ensures the safe, timely and accurate transport of patients to their destination using the proper requested equipment.
- Communicates effectively with nursing personnel, clinicians, technicians or reception and dispatch.
- Ensures the comfort of the patient by being attentive. Offers blankets, checks modesty and only engages in appropriate conversation involving patients. Never transports patients in severe pain.
- Alerts nursing staff immediately to any signs of patient distress or equipment malfunction.
- Maintains equipment and reports equipment needing repairs.
- Complies with regulatory agency standards, including federal, state and JCAHO.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient's rights policy as outlined in the facilities HIPPA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 307032
Nearest Major Market: South Dakota
Nearest Secondary Market: Rapid City
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Food Service, Part Time, Hospitality