- We have an opening for a full-time MECHANIC I [Boiler Operator] position.
- Location: University Hosptial, 1350 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30901. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T Schedule; 7:30am - 4:00pm.
- Requirement: Boiler Room Experience.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Crothall Healthcare, a division of Compass Group North America, provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, business facilities management and clinical engineering. Crothall is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.
Full time associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Operates and maintains all equipment, including HVAC systems, high-pressure boilers, generators and steam equipment. Reads and records information from meters and gauges to verify operating conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
- Responds to dispatch calls for machine and equipment repairs.
- Calls on existing customers to determine adequacy of service; resolves service complaints.
- Inspects machines and equipment to determine locate causes of malfunctions, dismantles machines to gain access to problem area.
- Inspects parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems; removes and replaces worn or defective parts; repairs broken parts; realigns and adjusts components; tests machine operation following repair.
- Reviews inventory and orders parts; ships and receives machines; maintains equipment inventory.
- Sets up and operates mechanical equipment and small hand tools for machine and equipment repair.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; performs job safely.
- Contributes to the team; exhibits professionalism with customers, fellow employees and others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Type I Refrigeration Certification and valid Non-CDL Class C driver's license.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 310527
Nearest Major Market: Augusta
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Food Service, Hospitality