- We have an opening for a full or part-time MECHANIC, GROUNDS I position.
- Location: CCSD, 7297 Peppermill Parkway, Charleston, SC 29418. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T or P/T schedule; 9:00-6:00.
- Requirement: Previous experience preferred.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Full-time associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the 'job search' in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on 'referral tracking.' For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Summary: Repairs and performs preventative maintenance on all types of landscape equipment and vehicles in and around the maintenance shop yard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures quality and safety in shop and yard in accordance with OSHA, ANSI, EPA and other applicable company/federal/state/local policies and requirements.
- Ensures compliance by comprehensive and consistent record-keeping of licensure and/or certifications.
- Assists with management of expense budgets.
- Provides budgetary forecasts and tracking sheets on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Completes unsupervised repair and maintenance assignments.
- Utilizes inspection and repair work order system.
- Coordinates with shop manager to prioritize projects.
- Maintains repair and maintenance records for all company equipment, vehicles, trailers and tools.
- Manages fuel for operation and monitors consumption.
- Inspects equipment and routinely exercises machines/tractors to test for malfunctions.
- Records all production and tracking on parts and time spent per individual piece of equipment.
- Communicates and works effectively with direct reports, peers and field teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years of experience in mechanical repair of landscape-related equipment.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 312806
Nearest Major Market: Charleston South Carolina
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina
Job Segment: Food Service, Part Time, Hospitality