- We have an opening for a MARKETING MANAGER position.
- Location: SAN FRANCISCO, CA, CHASE CENTER Note: online applications accepted only.
- Requirement: 3+ years' experience in a marketing, communications, or public relations role, either in an agency setting or in-house for a restaurant or food service establishment.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Bon Appétit Management Company's philosophy is "food service for a sustainable future," but don't be misled by the food service part. Bon Appétit is a restaurant company that has been revolutionizing contract food service since 1987. Our leadership has been honored by the James Beard Foundation and Chefs Collaborative; covered by The New York Times and Fast Company; and we're proud to count renowned chefs José Andrés, Traci Des Jardins, Susan Feniger, and many others as our partners.
We operate more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums as well as award-winning public restaurants. Our chefs make everything from scratch - stocks, sauces, soups - from fresh, seasonal, mostly local ingredients. We also believe in changing the world through food. We've led our industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs and pork raised without antibiotics.
The Marketing Manager for Bon Appétit Management Company at Chase Center
The Bon Appétit Marketing Manager plays an integral role for Chase Center, San Francisco's new sports and entertainment arena, helping to craft and execute marketing initiatives that support the overall strategic priorities of both Bon Appétit and the Golden State Warriors, including driving participation, engaging guests, ensuring customer satisfaction, and providing relevant education.
No two days are the same in this business, and the ability to be nimble and adaptable is key to success. This marketer must be adept at prioritizing multiple requests, have strong visual design and graphic skills, a clear communicator, enthusiastic collaborator, and a tech-savvy, effective influencer.
This position is full-time, on-site. A cover letter and resume are required. Writing samples will be requested.
- Coordinate with multiple teams to create timely on-site marketing for various initiatives and client needs.
- Maintain the voice of our brand through all materials, collateral, and social media.
- Write succinct, sensible descriptions and blurbs for a variety of audiences
- Copyedit menus for consistency, accuracy, and house style
- Create professional, attractive designed templates quickly, on the fly for menus, signage, and other collateral
- Collaborate with designers on larger, longer-term projects for planned promotions and collateral.
- Handle high-profile social media (taking photos, writing captions, posting regularly including Instagram Stories, developing a calendar) to support all strategic priorities
- Oversee/direct photo shoots of food and beverages
- Build a venue-wide marketing plan for food operations and ensure all stakeholders buy in to the plan and commit to its successful execution.
- Work with all managers and supervisors to assure that all food displays are organized, signed, and merchandised professionally.
- Perform administrative and logistical tasks associated with events and promotions.
- Develop new strategies and tactics for promoting the food programs to enhance sales and customer satisfaction.
- Education: BA or BS degree in Marketing/Communications, Public Relations, or Journalism preferred
- Professional experience: Minimum 3 years' experience in a marketing, communications, or public relations role, either in an agency setting or in-house for a restaurant or food service establishment.
- Strong familiarity with advanced features of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong familiarity with collaborating via Google Docs/Sheets and Dropbox
- Proficiency with using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop or Lightroom, and Acrobat to design simple custom collateral on the fly.
- Familiarity with WordPress and Squarespace a plus.
- A demonstrated ability to be proactive and assertive in identifying and capturing growth opportunities, as well as thinking creatively and strategically.
- An eye for good design and ability to design using Word/PowerPoint if needed.
- Very strong writing skills, including proper grammar and spelling.
- Passion for great food and food experiences, as well as a basic level of general culinary knowledge.
- Strong self-motivation to complete projects at a high degree of excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including presentation, public speaking, and client interaction skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and process-oriented.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get to work on a lean and nimble team.
- Experience working without direct oversight
- Experience managing design process is a plus.
- Tech savvy - meaning able to explain new software or tools to your parents or peers alike, plus experience working with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and targeted advertising on those platforms
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Chef, Culinary, Food Service, Hospitality