- We have an opening for an Internshipposition.
- Location: Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Flexible
- Requirement: Must be pursuing a Bachelors Degree
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/
Bon Appetit is seeking an enthusiastic marketing student to join our Dining Services team as a paid intern to provide creative ideas and help publicize dining initiatives and events designed to achieve our communication goals and objectives.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our Unit leadership team and regional marketing resources in all stages of marketing campaigns and event promotion in both resident and retail dining cafes. Whether it is helping organize a special event, soliciting student feedback, or helping to solve dining related problems, this position offers students the chance to make an impact on an organization that is a big part of the Emerson experience. And, get a free meal every day you work!
Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our traditional and non-traditional media marketing channels and will help you acquire marketing/communication skills by providing exposure and direct involvement with various marketing strategies (including print, social media, signage, etc.). Ultimately, you will gain practical experience in marketing dining services and should be prepared to enter any fast paced work environment by developing career-ready skills. Up to 20 hours per week. Hours are flexible to meet your academic demands.
- Act as a liaison between Bon Appétit and the University Dining and the student body through peer-to-peer marketing, conduct focus groups, and solicit student surveys to determine potential needs of students
- Based on input you may develop new products or programs to meet those needs through the creation and implementation of promotional plans
- Interact with fellow students and guests while hosting various marketing events such as meal plan sign-up tables, pop-up events in the Alley, retail promotions, dining survey stations, and residential theme dinners
- Distribute marketing materials to the dining cafés and make sure materials posted are up to date (posters, banners, website, social media, table tents, etc.)
- Provide fresh ideas for social media accounts and post on Dining Services' Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts
- Present information to guests and answer questions regarding dining
- Work with Bon Appétit's Regional Marketing Resources and Unit Leadership to plan and execute theme meals in the various dining cafés
- Help create submissions for industry wide awards, generate media releases and write/submit articles into Bon Appétit's monthly magazine, BRAVO, that has national distribution
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be enrolled in a college/university or technical program to receive credit or hands on experience
- This position is paid, but not eligible for benefits such as medical, relocation, or housing.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 316360
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Intern, Food Service, Entry Level, Hospitality