- We have an opening for a HOUSEKEEPING PROJECT MANAGER position.
- Location: Note: online applications accepted only.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Working for Morrison Community Living is more than a job - it's a calling. We are the leading provider of dining, nutrition, wellness and community services to America's senior living communities. From our sustainable food practices and innovative culinary programs - to housekeeping, plant operations and landscaping, we enrich the lives of seniors every day. To do that, we need the best and brightest to work with us. We're seeking talented people who have a passion for seniors. We're making a difference every day. Are you ready to join us?
Full time associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
We are seeking a Housekeeping Project Manager to assist in the support of the overall management of the Housekeeping/Laundry Departments within a system of senior living communities in the Chicagoland area.
- Maintains the departments in an "inspection ready" state at all times, assuring that each department operates within federal, state, and local regulations, as well as community and corporate policies
- Ensures that competency in the position is maintained by participating in training and development programs as directed
- Maintains excellent relations with residents, clients , and all community departments as well as system leadership
- Promotes the professional growth and development of the housekeeping teams
- Maintains appropriate security for all client-owned property, supplies, and operating funds
- Maintains and updates all program documentation per program guidelines
- Completes, analyzes, and shares department metrics with staff, community, and client
- Meets regularly with department support staff, community departments, as well as client to ensure goals and initiatives are achieved
- Responsible for design, implementation, and training of all staff on scheduled responsibilities
- Participates in regularly scheduled client meetings with the Regional Director of Operations
- Initiates and maintains all department training documentation for associates
- Prioritizes, reviews, and disburses work orders on a daily basis per the community schedule
- Monitor flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to the community standards and regulations
- Bachelor Degree in management or related field - preferred
- Five years of EVS/Housekeeping experience in a senior living setting- preferred
- Excellent customer services skills
- Experience with Federal & State healthcare surveys
- Experience with P&L accountability- highly desirable
- Contract-managed service experience - highly desirable
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Chef, Culinary, Food Service, Hospitality