- We have an opening for a General Managerposition.
- Location: Claremont, CA Note: online applications accepted only.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/
Being part of the Company Management team is about making a difference. If you are passionate about providing the best possible service to residents and customers then we want you to join our team and make a difference today! As a General Manager, you will be directly responsible for the overall operation and cost-effective management of multiple dining service departments in more than one facility in a given geography. Ensures team achievement of financial goals and targets.
- Is well versed in all aspects of foodservice management, with a proven track record of success
- Takes ownership of the operation and ensure operation meets all timelines for service and all other timelines established by management and/or client
- Manages all financials including planning, budget development and analysis, and financial reporting
- Is proactive and positive; interacts professionally with a diverse group of associates, peers, managers, suppliers, clients and customers
- Demonstrates initiative and good judgement in assisting customers, clients, peers and subordinates
- Conducts management meetings
- Has the ability to think quickly and accurately, be able to evaluate problems and make appropriate recommendations
- Audits units to ensure conformance with the Company, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes regarding food storage, preparation, sanitation and record keeping
- Hires, trains and orientates new management associates
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus five to seven years of directly related experience preferred
- Minimum of five years of retail operational foodservice management experience preferred, flexible depending upon formal degree or training
- Good knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, marketing and presentation
- P&L accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Multi-unit management experience preferred
- Experience with cash retail operations
- Retail marketing experience is highly desirable
- Supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, customer and associate levels
- Knowledge of financial, budgetary, accounting and computational practices
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) certification highly desirable
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 291007
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Food Service, Hospitality