Position Title:GENERAL MANAGER, EVENT SERVICES@MICROSOFT
Location: Redmond, WA
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Manages Event Services teams and oversees the daily operational services. Management of these teams include conference services, furniture team, facilities upkeep for all Eventions managed spaces and oversight of sub-vendor partners. Additionally, this position has direct oversight of Event Services budget - overseeing, achieving and reporting on weekly, monthly & annual financial goals. A successful candidate will be a team player, have excellent communication & customer service skills, have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Develops departmental operating budgets within set parameters. Operates department within or under set predetermined in budgets.
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and supervises functions and activities of the department.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures for departmental operations.
- Demonstrates good communication skills with clients and other lines of business. Uphold and exceed facility standards in all Eventions managed spaces across the Puget Sound Campus.
- Demonstrates quality leadership in meeting performances plans.
- Ensures proper staffing is in place for team. Responsible for monthly reporting.
- Regular inventorying of all MS assets.
- Maintains all safety requirements for staff members.
- Maintain presence on-site to support staff.
- Create an environment of innovations and continuous improvement targeted toward improved service levels and increased efficiency within Event Services.
- Maintain high staff morale for all staff members.
- Regular meetings with department heads.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Provide project support and other job functions as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous, and efficient manner
- Client Relations and customer service oriented
- Team leadership Abilities; Staffing/Recruiting, Development and Retention
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving, financial, and analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
A successful candidate will be a team player, have excellent communication and customer service skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects, and the ability to handle last minute changes. Evaluates problems and makes recommendations to person(s) involved.
Be well versed in all aspects of event planning relative to food and beverage, ability to communicate operational challenges, culinary production and flow, bottom up budgeting, employee development and retention, process management, proven strategic planning and a customer focused business approach.
Be well versed in all aspects of conference planning: audiovisual equipment, security, transportation, catering, etc
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 312537