- We have openings for FOOD UNIT LEAD positions.
- Location: St. Vincent Hospital 2001 W.86th St Indianapolis, IN 46260 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time: Must have weekend availability.
- Requirement: Previous food service experience required.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If serving others is in your blood and you thrive on the idea of helping someone heal, TouchPoint is the place for you!
We asked some of our associates why they love working for Touchpoint. Click here to see what they said!
This position is eligible for a $250 Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
We're TouchPoint Support Services and our mission is to serve up hospitality, for patients, their families and visitors at Ascension Health hospitals throughout the U.S. But our work isn't just about cooking, serving, cleaning and transporting patients. We set the stage for healing with sparkling facilities, great food and service.
This is the kind of work that takes a big heart for service and for supporting Ascension's mission to improve the health of the poor and vulnerable. We're serious about the role we play in healing - and just as passionate about having fun, supporting each other and serving our communities.
Maybe you have a passion for people and an obsession with service. Or maybe you're looking for a launchpad for a career managing people. Are you generous and hard working? When you spot a need, are you ready to jump?
Full time associates at TouchPoint are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- 401(k) retirement support
- And other voluntary benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
Summary: Coordinates activities of other food-service employees. Creates an enjoyable dining experience for customers, staff and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of food and beverage items in accordance with company standards for presentation, sanitation, safety and portion control.
- Helps plan menus.
- Ensures timely, efficient meal service; supervises serving of meals.
- Responds to customer complaints in person at the time of the complaint and via email for electronic complaints.
- Trains employees; assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency and excellence in food and service.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites work flow.
- Uses proper systems for completion of required daily/weekly/monthly reports such as inventory-cash reports-production records, payroll and time- keeping.
- Responsible for proper cash handling as established by the Food Accounting Manual (deposits - petty cash - change funds).
- Orders food and other necessary supplies from approved sources or purveyors.
- Directs and participates in the overall sanitation and safety of the facility and employees in accordance with company standards and government regulations.
- Develops sanitation schedule and ensures food-service employees adhere to the schedule for cleaning of kitchen and dining area and washing of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Help select and orient employees; oversees staff training in areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 316308
Nearest Major Market: Indianapolis
Job Segment: Food Service, Payroll, Kitchen, Hospitality, Customer Service, Finance