- We have an opening for several part-time FOOD SERVICE WORKER positions.
- Location: Gilpin Hall - 1101 Gilpin Ave., Wilmington, DE 19806. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: P/T schedule; 7:15am - 2:30pm OR 4:15pm - 7:30pm.
- Requirement: Previous food service experience is preferred.
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine Lifestyles delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele.
Summary: Prepares, presents and serves food as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs prep work such as plating salads, desserts and setting up hydration station.
- Serving entrees
- Carries pans, and trays of food to and from work stations, steam table and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards.
- Stores food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment and utensils.
- Special cleaning as specifeid.
- Distributes supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
- Utilizes approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Serves customers with a sense of urgency and communicate in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
- Ability to work with Cooks and other departments.
- Resolves customer concerns and relays relevant information to supervisor.
- Ensures compliance with company service standards and inventory .
- Serves customers in Dining Room setting.
- Assures compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements.
- Able to lift 25 pounds and over.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Nearest Major Market: Wilmington
Nearest Secondary Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Food Service, Chef, Culinary, Part Time, Hospitality