- We have an opening for a DINING SERVICES MANAGER position.
- Location: Western Home Communities - 420 E 11th Street. Cedar Falls, IA 50613. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Requirement: The Dining Services Manager will support the dining services for a senior living community: 90 Assisted Living residents 3 meals daily and 35 independent living residents 1 meal daily. They will primarily be responsible for managing employees, working with staff to ensure resident satisfaction, working with cooks, food quality, FOH customer service, sanitation, food ordering, inventory, weekly financials, scheduling, & interviewing hourly associates.
- Previous food service supervisory/management experience in a senior living environment is highly preferred. Must have customer service experience. Experience with managing employees and CDM is highly preferred.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Working for Morrison Community Living is more than a job - it's a calling. We are the leading provider of dining, nutrition, wellness and community services to America's senior living communities. From our sustainable food practices and innovative culinary programs - to housekeeping, plant operations and landscaping, we enrich the lives of seniors every day. To do that, we need the best and brightest to work with us. We're seeking talented people who have a passion for seniors. We're making a difference every day. Are you ready to join us?
Full time associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: As a Dining Services Manager, you will manage a team of food service professionals and be responsible for the overall service in the main dining room as well as special functions. Additionally, you will assist with maintaining interdepartmental relations and integrating the dining service department with the facility plan of operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees dining services operations of a medium to large volume location.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and service-oriented manner.
- Assists with profit and loss and budgeting as it pertains to this account.
- Works with the Chef and management team in creating menus and providing top quality food.
- Assists in the responsibility for all food service-related activities and be primarily involved in meal services in a seated dining room setting, including quality improvement, sanitation, infection control and all facility-related activities.
- Assists with the rollout of new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary team.
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly reports for client presentation.
- Works with marketing and culinary department to increase sales by innovations and food quality.
- Communicates with the culinary department to ensure the food programs reflect the vision of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service management experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Waited table and catering experience is preferred.
- Some knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- ServSafe Certification is preferred.
- Associate's degree is preferred.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Nearest Major Market: Waterloo
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Chef, Culinary, Food Service, Hospitality, Customer Service