Position Title: Community Wellness Intern
Department: Chartwells Higher Education
You will be working closely with the leaders in the University of Arkansas hospitality group, developing skills and competencies that will help provide you with practical experience in preparing to apply to accredited Dietetic Internship programs. You will gain valuable experience in the following areas: foodservice operations, nutrient analysis, marketing and promoting of health promoting foods, nutrition education campaigns, menu planning, food safety, planning and implementation of innovation and client relationship skills. This internship involves hands on experience in the world of hospitality with a focus on nutrition and well-being which will guide you to set the stage for your personal success in a career in nutrition.
Qualifications for Wellness Internship:
• Applicant should be at least at junior level credit hour standing
• Applicant should be enrolled in a nutrition, dietetics or foodservice related field in pursuit of credentials, Registered Dietitian (RD)
• Applicant should have no less than a 3.25 GPA in all attempted undergraduate work
• A love of the world of food service management
• Interest in culinary arts and service
• Attitude of a leader
• Good to better interpersonal skills
• General interest and knowledge
• Attention to detail
• Awareness of sustainability practices
•Must be undergraduate nutrition and dietetics student
Interest in one or more of the following:
• Carbon foot print
• Farm to Fork
• Special Dietary Needs (food allergies, intolerances)
• Quality Assurance
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
• Safety: Safe food in a safe environment
• Assuring an exceptional guest experience
• Bring innovation into services
• Operational support of serving platforms
• Recipe Nutrient Analysis
• Menu Planning
• Support educational nutrition campaigns
• Executing operational standards
• Managing FDA regulation standards • Market Research
• Manage website and social networking profile content
• Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment.
• Experience opportunities to learn, observe, and practice a variety of nutrition and well-being experiences in the world of hospitality.
This internship should not be confused in any way with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics pre-professional internship requirement. This internship will provide relevant on the job experience in the field of foodservice nutrition. This internship does not replace an accredited internship program.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).