- We have an opening for several full and part-time CULINARY AMBASSADOR positions.
- Location: 5000 W Chambers St. Milwaukee, WI 53210. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T and P/T schedule; Monday through Friday, alternating weekends and holidays.
- Requirement: Customer service experience and basic Math skills.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If serving others is in your blood and you thrive on the idea of helping someone heal, TouchPoint is the place for you!
We asked some of our associates why they love working for Touchpoint. Click here to see what they said!
This position is eligible for a $250 Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
We're TouchPoint Support Services and our mission is to serve up hospitality, for patients, their families and visitors at Ascension Health hospitals throughout the U.S. But our work isn't just about cooking, serving, cleaning and transporting patients. We set the stage for healing with sparkling facilities, great food and service.
This is the kind of work that takes a big heart for service and for supporting Ascension's mission to improve the health of the poor and vulnerable. We're serious about the role we play in healing - and just as passionate about having fun, supporting each other and serving our communities.
Maybe you have a passion for people and an obsession with service. Or maybe you're looking for a launchpad for a career managing people. Are you generous and hard working? When you spot a need, are you ready to jump?
Full time associates at TouchPoint are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- 401(k) retirement support
- And other voluntary benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
Summary As a member of the team, you will assist with patient food service on assigned units (e.g., menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick-up, special requests and in-between food delivery).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages food allergens.
- Modifies menus according to diet prescriptions.
- Provides basic diet information throughout the patient's stay.
- Conducts daily meal rounds.
- Assembles and delivers meal trays to our patients.
- Takes and records food temperatures on patient trays.
- Ensures each tray complies with the patient's diet orders.
- Collects and returns dirty trays to the kitchen.
- Communicates well with patients, their visitors and the hospital's care team.
- Resolves patient dining concerns or complaints immediately.
- Reports a patient's need for assistance to a supervisor or the care team, as appropriate.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Follows all sanitation and safety guidelines.
- Preforms other duties as assigned.
- Provides entry level diet information throughout the patient's stay.
- Completes Nutritional Computations Record and calculate intake analysis.
- Ability to conduct intake analysis.
- Provides accurate calorie counts for documentation purposes.
- Works with Registered Dietitians to perform carb intake for insulin requirements.
- Present an honest smile, a positive attitude, and a professional demeanor.
- Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time.
- Push and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Easily connect and communicate with others.
- Speak, read and write simple sentences in English to communicate with patients, guests and co-workers to ensure safety.
- Pay attention to small details.
- Work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Exercise good judgment and reasonable care for the safety of guests.
- Become a Certified Culinary Ambassador within ninety (90) days of hire.
In addition to competitive compensation and excellent benefits, successful employees in this position enjoy:
- Encouraging management and supportive teams.
- Learning opportunities and career advancement.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 310383
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee
Job Segment: Chef, Culinary, Food Service, Part Time, Hospitality, Entry Level