- We have an opening for a CONFERENCE SERVICES MANAGER, EVENTS (SEASONAL) position.
- Location: Pinterest - 651 Brannan Street. San Francisco, CA 94107. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: This is a 6-month seasonal position with potential to extend. Monday through Friday! Hours may vary based on business needs.
- The conference services manager will support the Pinterest Events team.
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Work with regional and international offices to budget, plan, and support as needed their winter/holiday parties. Responsible for approving all quotes, invoices, payments and final billing to ensure all offices stay on budget and compliant with company guidelines. *requires strong budgeting, multi-tasking, and organizational skills. Flexible schedule is helpful to accommodate various time zones.
- Assist events team with event tracking, collecting metrics, managing RSVPs, team projects and event management research as needed. *helpful to have a background in Google Drive, Excel, Eventbrite
- Assist with Pinterest Headquarters campus events - may include some weekends.
- Campus events may require hands-on assistance to help facilitate room/furniture moves, consistent check in with security, janitorial and other Pinterest office partners to ensure a smooth and successful event.
- Requirement: Must have 2+ years of previous related experience.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Eurest is recognized worldwide for standards of service and excellence within the foodservice industry. Embracing an ownership mindset, Eurest leverages global resources, promotes a local presence and enriches the communities we serve. The Eurest Promise, "connect with people, inspire through food, create solutions, and live our promise," is exemplified throughout our organization. Eurest is proud to serve the world's most respected successful corporations, including many of the Fortune 500.
Full-time associates at Eurest are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: As a Conference Services Manager, you will provide the primary support to create the appropriate environment for effective meetings and events. You will serve as the manager of the customer service process, receiving customer input and responding back with a plan of action. The Conference Services Manager is the point of contact for all users, coordinating events of all types from start to finish while keeping the customers and operation in mind by maximizing space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively plans and communicates to all departments the expressed need of the customer.
- Works directly with leadership to ensure all catering options/menus are presented to the customer accurately.
- Ensures that all appropriate communication for upcoming business is complete and distributed in a timely manner to the management team.
- Works closely with the Audio Visual team to handle room set-ups, A.V. needs, and special requests.
- Assists management in analyzing all aspects of the operation and reporting on any aspect that does not seem to be functioning properly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of hotel, corporate or conference center experience.
- Previous conference services management or supervisory experience.
- Basic understanding of AV equipment.
- Ability to lift / move conference furniture and equipment.
- Superior quantitative, oral and written communications and problem-solving/strategizing skills.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 288880
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Seasonal, Event Planning, Food Service, Retail, Hospitality