- We have openings for CATERING MANAGER positions.
- Location: NYU; 60 Washington Sq South New York, NY 10012 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time; two shift hours typically from 6:00am- 4:00pm and 10:00am- 8:00pm. Must be able to work weekends as needed.
- Requirement: Previous Catering and Fine Dining experience. Management, Leadership and development of staff. Strong computer and customer service skills.
- Perks: Meal benefits and opportunity to grow!
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit a job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Current Associates: This position has a $250 Employee Referral Bonus! Know someone you would like to refer? Have them apply to this posting via this direct link or at http://www.altogethergreat.com and ask them to provide your name in the "If referred by current employee" section of the online application.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: As a Catering Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Catering Department in all duties including training new associates, overseeing event set-ups, and directing any temporary personnel in addition to their everyday assignments. You will ensure proper service to clients during events, including proper set-up, cleaning, and breakdown procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises all catering events.
- Involved in catering events operations, including logistics, quality improvement, sanitation, and all facility-related activities.
- Works with the Chef in creating menus.
- Trains catering associates in service techniques, menu presentation, and customer service.
- Tracks and monitors the labor and food cost for each event.
- Communicates on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels; maintains excellent client relationships.
- Assists in the responsibility for all foodservice-related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service experience including 1 year at the management level.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Catering experience is required.
- Some knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- ServSafe Certification.
- Associate's degree is preferred.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 308771
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Food Service, Catering, Chef, Culinary, Hospitality