- We have an opening for a CAFE MANAGER position.
- Location: University of Arkansas Fairbanks - 1731 Chandalar Drive. Fairbanks, AK 99775. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Details: The cafe manager will oversee the day to day operations of our coffee shops. This will include knowledge of pouring coffee, scheduling, ordering, and inventory as well as cash handling.
- Requirement: Supervisory experience, cash handling experience, and barista experience.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 326234 . Click here to view more.
- You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: As a Café Manager, you will hold duties related to the supervision of the food service operation of a medium to large volume location. The café manage ensures the standards of excellence are met, supervises associates, and supports the Director with financial responsibilities such as ordering and inventory cost controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages café operations.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and coaches associates.
- Assists with interviewing and hiring.
- Plans, markets and executes special events/promotions in the café.
- Prepares and maintains volume trend analysis reports on a daily basis.
- Ensures compliance with proper sanitation and cleaning standards.
- Operates within the budget and identifies new ways to improve the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service experience including 1 year at the management level.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Operational knowledge of the cash register, cash handling procedures, and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports.
- Operational knowledge of food service equipment and maintenance requirements.
- ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 326234
Nearest Major Market: Alaska
Nearest Secondary Market: Fairbanks
Job Segment: Chef, Culinary, Cashier, Food Service, Event Planning, Hospitality