Position Title: AUDIO VISUAL SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Location: Redmond, WA
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
- Manage project delivery of MS AV initiatives including but not limited to Audio Visual Lifecycle, Tenant Improvement, and New Construction projects.
- Coordinate all aspects of each project from design meetings to commissioning review.
- Consult with client and other stakeholders to determine functional and spatial requirements of structure or renovation, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
- Communicates and coordinates the interests of the client, Compass Group and the architect.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Ensure the proper utilization of equipment to be ordered and recommends purchases.
- Prepare cost analyses, feasibility studies and comparisons related to proposed uses of the new dining center and determines the most beneficial structure.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget. Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepare project reports for management, client, or other stakeholders.
- Recommend and authorizes payment of invoices related to the projects.
- Confer with project team to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies in order to obtain necessary approval and permits.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- BA/BS in engineering or equivalent technical degree or experience in related field.
- 5 years A/V implementation, engineering, construction or project management experience or any combination of experiences in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development, execution and documentation.
- Experience in construction & AV integration
- Proficient in Auto CAD highly desired
- Proficient in MS software applications.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating. Strong conflict-resolution skills as it related to managing a project team.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills a must.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 319458
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Food Service, Hospitality