- We have an opening for a full-time ATTENDANT, CONFERENCE SERVICES - HOUSEMAN position.
- Location: Accenture - 888 Boylston St., Boston, MA 02119 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T - Monday through Friday, 6:00AM - 3:00PM. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous conference services or porter experience required.
- PERKS: Nearby access to public transportation, Paid Holidays!
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people. A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK's steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks - only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring - today and every day.
Full time associates at FLIK are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Ensures that all meeting rooms and public areas of the facility are maintained to the highest level of professional appearance and that all meeting requirements are met prior to the meeting start time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Moves and places tables, chairs, and supply linens for each event in the conference center.
- Supplies and sets up items not included in the room (flipcharts, whiteboard, screens, etc.).
- Assists with conference room readiness to determine that the rooms are equipped with proper materials (pens, pads, handouts, event packages, etc.).
- Refreshes rooms between meetings.
- Provides prompt and detailed service as scheduled by management or by request.
- Maintains consistent phone and email communication with clients, guests, team members, and support departments.
- Offers assistance to clients and visitors throughout the building, including providing directions and escorting to conference rooms.
- Communicates with co-workers and service partners to ensure updated information is shared.
- Provides recommendations to planning managers regarding appropriate room setups. Collaborates to identify solutions for unique setup challenges.
- Conducts weekly site inspections of meeting rooms and contacts the necessary department if items require service.
- Assists with basic audio visual equipment, as needed.
- Maintains inventory of all supplies and notifies supervisors when additional supplies are needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer service or houseman/porter experience preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 314174
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Activities, Food Service, Hospitality