- We have an opening for a full-timeATTENDANT, CATERING position.
- Location: Museum of Fine Arts- 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115Note: online applications acceptedonly.
- Schedule: F/T- 5-day work schedule. Shifts vary based on business needs. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous catering experience required. Previous lead experience is a plus.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winningorganization!When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click hereto get a sneak peek preview!
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus!If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Clickhereto view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Restaurant Associates is recognized as the nation’s premier hospitality company, operating over 170 prestigious locations. Restaurant Associates, based in New York City, provides premium food services to museums, performing arts centers, aquariums, corporate dining, educational facilities and off-premise catering events in New York City, Boston, Hartford, Atlanta, Chicago, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia. Restaurant Associates is a subsidiary of Compass Group North America, the world’s leading foodservice organization.
At RA, food is inspiration. Our unmatched culture of hospitality excellence enables us to provide memorable experiences for premier clients. We empower many to be their best though delicious food that happens to be "better-for-you" and the planet.
- Dedication to Quality
- Spirit of Ownership
- Commitment to Talent & Diversity
- Responsible Citizenship
- Passion for Hospitality
Full time associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Delivers and serves food at scheduled functions under the supervision of the catering captain. Ensures the accurate execution of all events during his/her shift. May drive a catering delivery truck. Sets up and serves at functions; cleans event area during and after events; breaks down the setup and leaves the area neat and clean; returns leftover food and equipment to the catering facility in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles and delivers all food and supplies for catered functions to their scheduled locations.
- Logs and maintains food temperatures.
- Arranges tables and decorations.
- Arranges buffet tables with food, beverage and service items according to standards.
- Serve food and beverages to guests.
- Thoroughly cleans location after event is completed.
- Returns food and beverages, serving equipment and utensils to catering facility.
- Distributes and collects customer comment cards for catered functions.
- Stocks, cleans and maintains catering facility and equipment.
- Ensures guests receive friendly, courteous service at all times.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of complete menu and products on hand.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment.
- Follows safety and sanitation policy and procedures at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver's license may be required; must possess or able to obtain a valid food handler's permit and/or alcohol servers' permit where required by state law.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 303703