- We have openings for full-time and part-time ASSOCIATE, PATIENT DINING positions.
- Location: Christian Hospital. 11133 Dunn Road, Saint Louis, MO 63136. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T & P/T schedules available; open availability preferred. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Excellent Customer service and problem-solving skills required.
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 322711 . Click here to view more.
- You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's Mindful Choices wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. The Atlanta-based company was named one of Modern Healthcare magazine's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013" and one of Training Magazine's top 125 for 2014.
Full time associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Patient Dining Associates work on assigned units in a healthcare facility, and provide services that include helping patients make menu selections, assemble, deliver and pick-up their meal trays. They are part of the caregiving team, responsible for patient safety and satisfaction goals by making sure meals are accurate and delivered at the right time and temperature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help patients understand their menu selections and work with nursing to ensure sure their orders comply with their nutritional requirements or restrictions.
- Work with the caregivers and culinary team to determine menu alternatives for patients with food allergies and sensitivities; cultural, ethnic and religious preferences; or when a patient inquires about additional selections.
- Manage tray tickets and assemble meals according to each patient's menu selection in a timely and accurate manner. Retrieve trays from patient rooms at assigned times.
- Complies with regulator agency standards, including federal, state and JCAHO. Adhere to facility confidentiality and the patient's rights policy as outlined in the facility's Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) policies and procedures.
- Follows Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines when handling food, cleaning work stations and breaking down patient tray line.
- Follows facility and department infection control policies and procedures.
- Assist dietitians, such as helping monitor patients who cannot eat food through their mouth, are on liquid diets or have a specific calorie count to manage.
- Communicate problems or concerns with patients to appropriate personnel in a timely manner, following department procedures.
- Complete all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the Morrison Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Comply with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations, as well as department sanitation procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents in English.
- Basic computer and mathematical skills.
- Must be able to occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds, as well as maneuver and push food delivery carts.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 322711
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: Chef, Culinary, Food Service, Part Time, Hospitality