SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
In the Assistant Unit Director role you would be responsible for assigning duties, inspecting work, and investigating complaints regarding janitorial services and take immediate corrective action. You would secure and assure that all equipment is maintained and in working order. You would also make sure buildings have sufficient janitorial supplies and take periodic inventories of supplies and materials. You would train, discipline, and recommend dismissals of employees. Assistant Unit Directors act as liaison between building occupants or administrators and supervisors, so it is imperative that you are able to effectively communicate all directives from managers, building occupants and administrators to janitorial staff.
This position will work evenings (Monday - Friday 6:00 pm - 3:00 am) and will be on call weekends (rotating schedule). Candidate needs to be flexible with hours as needs arise.
- This teammate is responsible for all of the buildings and their cleanliness
- Communicate between various shifts to ensure applicable completion of tasks.
- Train workers in janitorial methods and procedures and proper operation of equipment.
- Issues janitorial supplies and equipment to workers to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Daily inspection and follow through on all assignments, directives and projects to ensure task completion.
- Cross train and develop personnel for multiple positions/duties.
- Weekly staff reports and inspections to Unit Director - this includes reporting of all issues, recommendations and task documentation.
- Meet with Director weekly to review task completion and future projects.
- Secure building after completion of work.
- Be able to create and foster a working environment, where safety is first, always.
- Guide completion on projects to make sure they are completed timely and within budget.
- Report budgetary issues back to Unit Director.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- One to two years as supervisor in housekeeping or service-related field with high customer/client contact preferred.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to engage and motivate staff.
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 308219
ANNMARIE B MCSHEA
Nearest Major Market: Jackson Mississippi
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Hospitality