Position Title: AGM, CATERING @MICROSOFT
Location: Redmond, WA
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Welcome to one of the largest, most exciting and complex corporate catering operations in the world! Our staff of over 200 plus 40 fleet vehicles provides catering and event support to up to 10,000 people per day on the main campus of the Microsoft Corporation, in Redmond WA. If you have a passion for quality food and world-class service, and a desire to lead and develop a team in a high paced environment for a world-leading hospitality company, this position may be for you.
The AGM of Catering provides support to the General Manager and management of a small team within Catering Operations on the Puget Sound Campus, while providing the highest level of service to Microsoft customers & clients. Associate must possess experience in Catering/Event/Facility Management; be well versed in all aspects of catering operations; have the ability to analyze client needs & requests/think strategically; possess business & time management skills, as well as the initiative & judgment to quickly evaluate issues & find alternatives to decide on course of action. A successful candidate will be a team player; have excellent communication & customer service skills; have the ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects, work under pressure, & to work additional hours as needed in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of events.
This job has direct supervisory responsibilities of a team up to 10-12 hourly associates and leads/supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, support and training of event set up and operations. Hands-on event set up, driving van/truck and all support required to deliver a successful day of events in your area
- Review of all orders for the days operation. Plan and coordinate pick-ups, pre-sets and pre- gathers a day in advance
- Scheduling staff to successfully execute all orders and pickups. Achive labor budget. Coordinate with Operations Manager (GM)
- Interaction with Event Planners; event set up, customer feedback sharing and sales building strategies
- Performs all talent management functions for the area team associates and leads, including establishing goals, monitoring and tracking performance, overseeing and evaluating training, performance evaluations, and managing performance deficiencies.
- Presents reports using metrics provided by the team and business analysis from Compass.
- Inventory of equipment used in area buildings
- Identifies critical issues and/or handles escalations from senior management or client and ensures that issues are resolved to client and management satisfaction.
- Implements change management strategies.\
- Support the team, at base and in the field, when required. Includes vacation coverage and daily staffing concerns
- Facilitates associate training and makes daily checks to ensure safety standards are adhered to
- Food and Beverage safety is adhered to across all levels of your area
- Culinary knowledge of current menu; be the expert in your area
- Achive all Service Level Agreements (SLA) standards and revenue goals
- Other Duties As Assigned
- Must have high volume catering experience. Experience within a commissary kitchen environment is preferable
- Management experience in one or a combination of the following industries: food operation, customer service, sales, retail operation, administrative positions, event planning and/or catering
- 1-2 years managing a team of 5 or more associates
- Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of business clients.
- Excellent communication skills are a must (both verbal & written).
- Must be process oriented yet flexible.
- Able to implement new concepts and processes
- Self-motivated and is able to be effective in the role immediately.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- WA State Food Handlers permit
- WA State MAST permit
- Valid WA Driver's license; Pass MVR check
- Corporate casual
- Very Fast Paced
- Constantly changing
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, tasks, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to modify essential functions of the job, or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technical developments)
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 293863
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Food Service, Catering, Chef, Culinary, Kitchen, Hospitality