- We have an opening for a part-time ADMIN, OFFICE PERSONNEL - HRLY position.
- Location: Clarkston Community Schools - 6595 Waldon Rd Clarkston, MI 48348 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: P/T: Monday through Friday.
- Requirement: Prior cash-handling experience and excellent customer service skills.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference. Try one of our 4000 public and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining Services. That's about 2.6 million young students we provide meals and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies Chartwells' promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not only our business; it's our commitment to the communities in which we serve.
Full time associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Performs a variety of clerical duties, including answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing, word processing, office machine operation and filing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains other staff members to perform work activities, such as using computer applications.
- Answers telephones, directs calls, takes messages and runs errands.
- Prepares meeting agendas, attends meetings and records/transcribes minutes.
- Makes travel arrangements.
- Completes work schedules, manages calendars and arranges appointments.
- Opens and routes incoming mail, answers correspondence and prepares outgoing mail.
- Compiles, copies, sorts and files records of office activities, business transactions and other activities.
- Completes and mails bills, contracts, policies, invoices and checks.
- Operates office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
- Types, formats, proofreads and edits correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Reviews files, records and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Computes, records and proofreads data and other information.
- Processes and prepares documents, such as business or government forms and expense reports.
- Maintains and updates filing, inventory, mailing and database systems.
- Communicates with customers, employees and others to answer questions; disseminates or explains information; takes orders and addresses complaints.
- Collects, counts and disburses money; performs basic bookkeeping; completes banking transactions.
- Troubleshoots problems involving office equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 294787
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Hourly, Clerical, Administrative Assistant, Bookkeeping, Part Time, Administrative, Finance