Senior Sous Chef
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 / year
TouchPoint, Support Services, provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, and food service. TouchPoint is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.
The Senior Sous Chef assists in the responsibility for the successful operation of the Culinary Department at a 210-bed hospital account in downtown Austin. This role assists in leading all aspects of the preparation and cooking of various food items, developing daily menu items and their preparation and garnishment. This position will report to the Executive Chef and will manage a team of 17 hourly associates while working a somewhat varied schedule to include afternoons, evenings and some weekends and holidays. Our culinary team leads dining service operations in the retail space (cafe and catering), patient services, and doctors' lounge.
- Assists the Executive Chef with handling cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- In collaboration with the Executive Chef, plans and creates menus
- Produces and manages catering events
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Sector marketing and culinary team
- A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
- Some progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Catering experience a plus
- High volume, sophisticated foodservice operations experience - helpful
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences preferred
- Extensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in patient satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable
Apply to TouchPoint today!
TouchPoint is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Associates at Touchpoint are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1139478
ERIN S PRINDLE
Compass Group USA
FoodView all jobs at Compass Group USA
Get fresh Senior SOUS CHEF jobs daily straight to your inbox!