Compass Group Canada Sudbury, ON
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental,
As an Operations Manager, you will be responsible for providing overall planning, direction and control to assigned food service units. You will achieve operational and financial goals. You will provide guidance and motivation to subordinate unit managers, as well as ensure effective customer/client rapport is maintained.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Operations Managers, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Conduct operation audits of regional units and design improvements to optimize financial performance and operational productivity.
- Audit units to ensure conformance with the Company, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes regarding food storage, preparation, sanitation, and record keeping.
- Ensure adherence to company sponsored retailing and purchasing programs.
- Observe typical meal service when visiting units; evaluate food for taste, temperature, appearance, and portion size; investigate complaints regarding unit operation and effect satisfaction solutions.
- Develop realistic and accurate district forecasts; monitor development of realistic and accurate unit forecasts; ensure that each unit's financial performance meets the Company and client forecasts.
- Ensure consistent and equitable administration of human resources policies, procedures, and guidelines to facilitate effective employee relations and support the preferred employer focus; audit performance appraisals and associates files; monitor Diversity action plans.
- Recruit for management positions; identify district training requirements; develop and coach management associates to meet staffing and succession planning needs, as well as to ensure optimum utilization of district associates.
- Provide direction and support to Food Service Managers, for catering and restaurant sales from multiple avenues, to maximize client and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure a great culinary focused offer in the units.
Think you have what it takes to be our next Operations Manager? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Post-secondary education plus at least five years of related food service management experience in a business/corporate dining setting and retail environment.
- Food safe certified.
- Proven financial management skills including ability to control product and labour costs.
- Strong motivator, mentor and leader.
- Very detail-oriented individual and a strong team player.
- Superior client relationship skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Can accommodate a flexible work schedule
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us.
Compass Group CanadaWhy Work Here?
Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward! Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us.
BusinessView all jobs at Compass Group Canada