Posted Date: Sep 19, 2019
We have an opening for a full-time SUPERVISOR, SHIFT-HOURLY* position.
- *Location*: Monmouth University - 400 Cedar Ave, West Long Branch, NJ 07764 /Note: online applications accepted only./
- *Schedule*: F/T- Monday through Thursday, 1:00PM - 10:00PM, & Friday 12:00PM - 6:00PM.
- *Requirement*: Previous food service & supervisory experience preferred.
WE MAKE IT EASY!
You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000* & search for the requisition ID number 322487 . Click here to view more.
You can now prerecord video introductions.* Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Direct the activities of associates during a specific shift and oversee that assigned job expectations are completed while policy and procedure is maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing training and creating work schedules.
- Evaluating the performance of workers, rewarding high performers and disciplining employees who fail to meet reasonable standards of work performance.
- Prepare production or sales reports for management and ensure their unit meets the expectations for quality, productivity and safety.
- Acts as the contact person for employees with complaints or requests for time off.
- May act as a mentor, develop employees and encourage workers to set goals and strive for advancement within the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 322487