Posted Date: Nov 20, 2019
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation's Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
Position Title: SR CATERING MANAGER
Reports To: DIRECTOR OF CATERING
Location: UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT CHICAGO located in DOWNTOWN CHICAGO, IL
Relocation Assistance Available!!
At the Chicago Catering Company, we pride ourselves on our professional approach and true attention to detail. Every catering event starts with you. We will guide you through your menu design and selection for your special event. We have the capacity to handle anything from an all-day meeting with three meals, snacks and a beverage refresher to an elaborate wedding involving passed hors d'oeuvres, cocktail reception and a four-course meal.
The Chicago Catering Company is a major part of the dining program at UIC with sales over $3.5 million dollars a year in sales. Reporting to the Director of Catering, position will partner with the Sales and Culinary team and will oversee 4 supervisors, 3 drivers, 6 attendants and temp service associates for larger events.
The Catering Manager is responsible for the successful execution of all catering events. This position partners with sales and oversees event order communication, scheduling and training of service staff, planning, delivery, set up, clean up, and proper invoicing for all daily events.
- Daily Operations
- Supervision and Staff Development
- Culinary Programs
- Customer Service
- Financial Management and Analysis
- Special Events
- Marketing and Sales
- General Hospitality knowledge and interest in sustainability and sustainable food practices
- At least two years similar work experience
- Union managment experience a plus!
- Ability to interact with diverse and high-volume customer base in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Ability to operate Web based ordering system, process customer requests, changes to orders, menu updates and client profiles.
- Proficient with word processing and spread sheet applications.
- Ability to write professional and efficient emails to clients and customers.
- Possess the ability to meet Company specific uniform standards for this position.
- Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment's per Company guidelines.
- Ability to work at times with minimal supervision, and accomplish tasks without direct instruction, and problem solve for the best solutions.
- This position supervises numerous (5-10) hourly employees, including 4 supervisors, delivery personnel and culinary personnel.
/Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA/
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 345118
KRISTEN M STROHMYER