Posted Date: Sep 14, 2019
We have openings for a full-time MECHANIC II *position.
- *Location*: Columbia Vending, 120 N. Montague Dr., Columbia, SC 29203. /Note: online applications accepted only./
- *Schedule*: F/T: 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- *Requirement*: Valid driver's license and good driving record. Relevant prior experience.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Canteen is a national vending machine operating company offering vending, office coffee service and dining services through a company and franchise network of over 200 locations in 48 states. Canteen's track record of innovation began in 1929, when company founder Nathaniel Leverone built his business strategy around three timeless principles: integrity, customer focus and innovation.
Full time associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Operates and maintains all equipment, including HVAC systems, high-pressure boilers, generators and steam equipment. Reads and records information from meters and gauges to verify operating conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
- Responds to dispatch calls for machine and equipment repairs.
- Calls on existing customers to determine adequacy of service; resolves service complaints.
- Inspects machines and equipment to determine locate causes of malfunctions, dismantles machines to gain access to problem area.
- Inspects parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems; removes and replaces worn or defective parts; repairs broken parts; realigns and adjusts components; tests machine operation following repair.
- Reviews inventory and orders parts; ships and receives machines; maintains equipment inventory.
- Sets up and operates mechanical equipment and small hand tools for machine and equipment repair.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; performs job safely.
- Contributes to the team; exhibits professionalism with customers, fellow employees and others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Type I Refrigeration Certification and valid Non-CDL Class C driver's license.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 321171