Posted Date: Sep 3, 2019
We have an opening for a FOOD UNIT LEAD* position.
- *Location*: 711 E Boldt Way, Appleton, WI 54911 /Note: online applications accepted only./
- *Schedule*: Shift may vary, open availability is preferred (more details upon interview).
- *Requirement*: at least 3 years high volume cooking experience
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appetit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafes around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Learn more about careers with Bon Appetit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/
Summary: Coordinates activities of other food-service employees. Creates an enjoyable dining experience for customers, staff and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of food and beverage items in accordance with company standards for presentation, sanitation, safety and portion control.
- Helps plan menus.
- Ensures timely, efficient meal service; supervises serving of meals.
- Responds to customer complaints in person at the time of the complaint and via email for electronic complaints.
- Trains employees; assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency and excellence in food and service.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites work flow.
- Uses proper systems for completion of required daily/weekly/monthly reports such as inventory-cash reports-production records, payroll and time- keeping.
- Responsible for proper cash handling as established by the Food Accounting Manual (deposits - petty cash - change funds).
- Orders food and other necessary supplies from approved sources or purveyors.
- Directs and participates in the overall sanitation and safety of the facility and employees in accordance with company standards and government regulations.
- Develops sanitation schedule and ensures food-service employees adhere to the schedule for cleaning of kitchen and dining area and washing of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Help select and orient employees; oversees staff training in areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 316806