Posted Date: Sep 5, 2019
Flik Independent School Dining has been the innovator of private and independent school foodservice to 220 communities during the past four decades. Our dedicated team of associates are committed to providing quality foodservice every time. Meals prepared from fresh ingredients support local and sustainable agricultural practices. We go above and beyond foodservice by offering nutrition education programs that empower students to make healthy choices on a daily basis. By providing wholesome meals in conjunction with nutrition education, we're equipping students with the tools needed to live a happy, healthy life. That's /Nourishing a Brighter Future/!
Summary: As a Catering Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Catering Department in all duties including training new associates, overseeing event set-ups, and directing any temporary personnel in addition to their everyday assignments. You will ensure proper service to clients during events, including proper set-up, cleaning, and breakdown procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises all catering events.
- Involved in catering events operations, including logistics, quality improvement, sanitation, and all facility-related activities.
- Works with the Chef in creating menus.
- Trains catering associates in service techniques, menu presentation, and customer service.
- Tracks and monitors the labor and food cost for each event.
- Communicates on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels; maintains excellent client relationships.
- Assists in the responsibility for all foodservice-related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service experience including 1 year at the management level.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Catering experience is required.
- Some knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- ServSafe Certification.
- Associate's degree is preferred.
/Flik Independent School Dining is a member of Compass Group USA/
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 318074
MEGAN J DOYLE