Posted Date: Oct 28, 2019
We have multiple openings for a full-time ASSISTANT, PATIENT OBSERVATION *position.
- *Location*: Arkansas Childrens Inc. - PT. 1 Children's Way, Little Rock, AR 72202. /Note: online applications accepted only./
- *Schedule*: F/T schedule; open availability preferred. Hours and days may vary; more details upon interview.
- *Requirement*: Prior Clinical support experience is preferred.
You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000* & search for the requisition ID number 337307 . Click here to view more.
You can now prerecord video introductions.* Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Crothall Healthcare, a division of Compass Group North America, provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, business facilities management and clinical engineering. Crothall is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.
Full time associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Provides visual and audible observation of assigned patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) and unit manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually and audibly monitors the assigned patient's condition and behavior at all times.
- Completes observation reports at established interval.
- Takes initiative in compassionately rendering service or responding to needs. Interacts hospitably, cheerfully and supportively with staff, patients, visitors and work colleagues.
- Remains at the bedside of assigned patient at all times unless relieved by an appropriate staff member.
- Verbally redirects the patient from engaging in at-risk behaviors.
- Seeks help or advice as soon as possible when patient appears to be in medical distress or poses a threat, and escalates to assigned medical professionals.
- Participates in collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues. Assures patient environment is safe; reports any safety hazards to the charge nurse. Removes visible hazards and reports as appropriate.
- Assists in calming and/or reorienting patient in cases of agitation or confusion.
- Assists with keeping patient's room safe and orderly.
- Accompanies patient when diagnostic testing is required.
- Immediately summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance, control, or other nursing interventions, or exhibits unusual behavior or verbalizations. Immediately reports any potentially dangerous behavior or concerning conversations to the nurse.
- Participates in hand-off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patient when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment. Arranges coverage around meal break times with nurse and informs nurse prior to leaving patient for any reason.
- Assists patient with ordering dietary tray and setting up of patient's meal tray; assists with basic positioning of patient; assists with patient wheelchair rides and/or ambulation if patient is stable and gait has been previously determined safe by assigned staff nurse.
- Responds rapidly and thoroughly to emergencies, special needs, etc.
- Accepts suggestions and direction from supervisors and hospital staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of department policies and procedures. Honors department's attendance, break, behavior, dress, personal hygiene, and safety codes.
- Honors all confidentiality and other regulatory requirements.
- Accepts and absorbs department and hospital education program.
- Assists other associates as necessary. Responds to direction as provided.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current CPR AED or basic life Support healthcare provider (BLS-HCP) certification required.
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods. Requires bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- One to two years of previous experience is preferred.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 337307