Compass forwarding is looking for Driver who can deliver, receive and transport freight to all locations; airports, seaports or rail ports. Our drivers are the face of our company and understand that customer service is our top priority!
If you are a team player, committed, understand what customer service is all about and is looking for an opportunity to join a growing team we strongly recommend that you apply!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for safely operating trucks/oversized vehicles.
- Handles and delivers cargo, materials, furniture or art work in accordance to Health & Safety procedures.
- Uses proper handling procedures to protect and secure cargo items for transport.
- Operates equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse cargo or materials.
- Assists in the manual loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Responsible for the maintenance, inspection and servicing of vehicle.
- Records and maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Responsible maintaining knowledge of and complying with City, State and Federal traffic regulations.
- Maintains/logs record of materials and products transported.
- Obtains customer signature or collects payment for goods delivered and delivery charges if needed.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Valid CDL Driver’s License required with cdl license hazmat endorsement/ with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 5 years.
- You must be able to undergo a criminal background check, drug test, and DOT physical.
- Understand how to properly load and unload merchandise from trucks.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb and pull.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor on a regular basis.
Compass Forwarding provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty status as a covered veteran, military status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state and local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). Compass Forwarding complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
We offer a competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Vacation and Sick leave pay (Paid Time Off), Holiday pay.