Heavy Duty Cleaner: Part-Time
- Expired: February 28, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, located in downtown Pittsburgh's Cultural District in beautiful Heinz Hall, is seeking to fill a part-time Heavy Duty Cleaner position. Reporting to the Heinz Hall Maintenance Department Cleaning Supervisor, the position will work as part of the Hall Management/Symphony Operations team, provide input to management on ways to improve operational efficiencies, quality and cost effectiveness, be willing to assist in a wide variety of housekeeping duties, and be flexible in work hours requested by Hall Management to accommodate the needs of events scheduled in Heinz Hall. This position is part of the Hall Management: Maintenance Department, reports directly to the Maintenance Department Cleaning Supervisor, followed by the Manager of Heinz Hall Scheduling & Rentals, and then the Vice President & General Manager of Heinz Hall. We take pride in the legacy and prestige of Heinz Hall, and we look forward to growing our diverse team.
The Work Schedule for this Part-Time position is daylight, four 4-hour days between Monday - Friday. Hours are flexible from a start time as early as 6:30 am.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this position, you may be required to perform and assist with any and all of the following duties:
Floor Cleaning & Maintenance:
Daily & scheduled maintenance of hard & soft floors: parquet, terrazzo, marble, tile, carpet, etc.
- Strip, wax, seal, buff and mop
- Special treatments to specialized floor, as needed or assigned by Hall Management
- Shampoo and spot clean carpets, as needed or assigned by Hall Management
- Vacuum & Spot Clean carpets every day
- Clean & Restock supplies in Restrooms; Clean offices, Stairwells, Dressing Rooms, Entrances & Lobbies, Windows, Woodwork, and Wrought iron railings, etc.
- Assist with the Setup & Breakdown of tables, chairs, crowd control stanchions, podiums, waste receptacles, etc. for meetings or receptions.
- Assist with general office staff requests (including but not limited to: move furniture, transport supplies, minor repairs, etc.)
- Transport deliveries of supplies specific to the Maintenance Department
- Wash table linens, mops, rags, towels.
Seasonal Cleaning of the Garden Plaza & Sidewalks:
- Sweep, hose, leaf removal and snow removal.
- Clean tables and chairs (wipe and wash as required)
- Empty trash cans and replace liners
- Clean and store all garden furniture at the end of the season
Other General Cleaning and Tasks:
- Clean all areas of Heinz Hall including: projection room, light booth, interior/exterior light fixtures, report light bulbs that need to be replaced.
- Clean windows daily on street level, three sheet/poster windows, as needed.
- Clean sidewalks: sweep up paper & debris and hose sidewalks.
- Conduct Snow removal & leaf removal with other Staff Members
- Transport all trash to dumpsters in EQT Building
- Remove graffiti; clean/vacuum vents throughout the facility
- Sweep and mop stairwells, floors, theater seats, etc.
- Report to Management any incident of damage, by self or others, to Heinz Hall property including but not limited to equipment, furnishings, building, etc.
- Setup & Breakdown Tables & Chairs for meetings and/or events.
- Any and all other duties as directed by Hall Management.
Operation of Equipment:
The position of Heavy Duty Cleaner requires the use and operation of the following types of maintenance equipment:
- Step Ladders
- Extension Poles
- Carpet Vacuum Sweeper & Carpet Extraction Machine
- Automatic Battery-Powered Floor Machine
- Upright Floor Machines & Burnisher
- Wet/Dry pick-up Vacuum
- Floor Squeegees, Push Brooms, Window Washing Tools
- Pressure Washer; Cord Electric model
- Gravely Self-Propelled Snow Brush Machine
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience and/or interest in cleaning and maintaining of an historic building
- Team player, willing to work cooperatively with staff and patrons in a professional manner
- Strong attention to detail and following processes
- Eager to learn, be trained and coached on best practices in facilities maintenance including equipment, supplies and materials
- Appreciation of classical music a plus as there is opportunity for free and discounted tickets available for specific Pittsburgh Symphony shows throughout the season
- Position is eligible for benefits, including 100% company paid, employee-only health insurance
The specific statements shown in each section of the description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
The Pittsburgh Symphony, Inc. recognizes that an individual with a disability may require a job modification/ accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to such requests. Such requests should be directed to Human Resources.
The Pittsburgh Symphony, Inc. provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other class or category protected by local, state, or federal law.
Compass Business Solutions, Inc.
Get fresh Downtown District jobs daily straight to your inbox!