Mission Foods, the world's leading tortilla brand has a 3rd Shift Production Supervisor in the Hayward Plant.
3rd Shift 9:30 PM-6:00 AM Monday to Saturday
THE GENERAL JOB FUNCTION
To produce all orders, monitor production processes and packaging in both press and corn departments, and to ensure quality product is produced on time.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Select, train, and manage production personnel, providing proper orientation to fulfill job functions in the production process,
- Responsible for product quality and safety.
- On call for start-ups when not physically available.
- Responsible for production start-up and verify that machinery is operational.
- Verify that all stations are manned for production.
- Adjust inventory stock to prevent over or under bakes.
- Coordinate bake schedule with Scheduler, Warehouse, and Transportation Supervisors.
- Monitor all areas of the production process.
- Make necessary changes approved by Total Quality Department.
- Monitor ingredient usage.
- Verify batch cards with process report forms for Press Department.
- Complete 26 Report' on a daily basis for corn and press. lg. Verify employees' hours daily.
- Coordinate schedule for the next production day,
- Plans and reports upcoming week's activities to Plant Manager.
- Perform monthly inventories: bags, first count, and recount.
- Responsible for proper requisition of raw materials and bags from receiving warehouse.
- Responsible for monthly safety training for production employees.
- Computer literary is a must (EXCEL and WORD)
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
Why Work Here?Mission began in the spirit of innovation when Don Roberto Gonzalez and his father formed GRUMA S.A. in Monterrey, Mexico in 1949. Their new, more efficient hammer-milling process replaced the centuries-old stone-grinding method, revolutionizing the corn flour and tortilla industries. The result was, and still is, exceptional tasting tortillas, higher yield, and less labor and waste.
Great Benefits, Opportunity to Grow
Union City, CA