Mission Foods Tempe, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MISSION FOODS USA is a growing part of a much larger, multinational organization, Gruma Corporation.
Responsible for partnering with the plant management and Supervisor to consistently produce and supply products that exceed customer and consumer expectations. Ensures that all Production Department processes are in compliance with specifications and standards. Engages plant personnel to strive for the highest standards of production and quality at all times. Supports the Production Supervisor and Manager in the development and monitoring of the assigned production team.
- Assists Production Supervisor in leading all assigned production employees.
- Serves as quality frontline leader between processing and packaging personnel.
- Obtains production schedule, requests necessary work materials & distributes among all Production personnel as necessary.
- Monitors and insures the compliance of the food safety program.
- Performs random weight inspections of product to and take necessary actions to ensure targets are met.
- Properly completes all documentation and reports.
- Enters data into SAP system, according to work instructions.
- Verifies code dates, sealing, product weight, and product appearance, is within specified parameters and conform to clients’ expectations.
- Verifies equipment is in good working condition; communicates to management any deficiencies noted.
- Performs visual inspection of product ensuring quality is acceptable.
- Keeps work area clean. Perform cleaning of area assigned.
- Completes the First Day Orientation for New Hires.
- Verifies all personnel are present and well suited to work
- Ensures employees are effectively performing assigned tasks
- Maintains a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with other departments and promotes teamwork
- Trains new employees and monitors and evaluates their progress (includes Safety, HAACP & Food Safety)
- Fills in for Supervisor in absence
- Conducts relevant monthly training meetings and participates in communication meetings
- Works in a safe manner, observing all safety requirements
- Verifies GMP’s, Food Safety, Quality, and Safety standards are maintained at all times and take action and/or follow-up when deficiencies are noted
- Consistently applies company rules per employee handbook and per company policies (i.e. attendance, safety, etc.) and ensures safety regulations, policies and procedures are followed
- Ensures all food safety principles and legal requirements have been applied effectively
- Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends
- Other duties, as assigned
GRUMA Corporation is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with GRUMA Corporation depends solely on your qualifications.
GRUMA Corporation is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to VICTORINA HERNANDEZ AYALA VHERNANDEZ@missionfoods.com or call (USA) 480 4132150 to let us know the nature of your request.
Mission FoodsWhy Work Here?
Great Benefits. Opportunity for promotions within or your department or other departments.
Since 1977, Mission® has been creating fresh, authentic Mexican food products you can find in your local grocery store including Guerrero, Maseca and Calidad to name a few. Mission®, a subsidiary of Gruma Corporation, is the #1 tortilla company in the U.S. and manufactures a variety of authentic Mexican products. As we’ve grown, we’ve made sure to always put an emphasis on authentic flavors, while providing healthy options that families and friends can enjoy together.