This position is responsible for customer management, distributor management and administration activities in assigned district to ensure our customer service expectations and the Region’s objectives are achieved. Position covers the San Jose, CA region.
Establish and maintain effective customer and distributor relationships.
Ensure coordination of sales activities with multiple functions.
Maintain and develop sales accounts.
Provide input in the development of sales plans.
Ensure sales and profit targets are achieved.
Track performance of each route in the district to identify opportunities and corrections.
Maintain the warehouse areas to meet regulatory and AIB standards.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and 2 - 5 years in sales management (DSD / Route Sales experience). Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
- Experience in route sales in the grocery industry.
- Work requires ability to negotiate effectively and influence others.
- Work requires ability to communicate effectively in oral presentations and in writing.
- Work requires ability to make decisions which effectively impact the business.
- Work requires a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Work may require the ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English and Spanish.
- Basic knowledge of DSD systems.
- 50% travel by auto/vehicle to customer stores and meetings.
- Work requires use of computer for email, report generation and general correspondence.
- Work requires lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Candidates must live in the geographic area to ensure a reasonable commute and access to customers and distributors in assigned district
- Bilingual English & Spanish preferred
We provide a competitive base salary, benefits that start the first day of employment, a 15% bonus opportunity and a company vehicle in addition to a career which will be both challenging and rewarding.
Relocation will not be provided