PRODUCT DESIGNER, FRAMED ART DEVELOPMENT & DESIGN - FRAMED ART, WALL DÉCOR & HOME FURNISHING
· Los Angeles-based Wall Décor company is in search of a PRODUCT DESIGNER, FRAMED ART DEVELOPMENT & DESIGN (FRAMED ART, WALL DÉCOR & HOME FURNISHING)
· To design and develop framed art product for mass market accounts by initiating and executing new, interesting, innovative product builds
· This position with focus on Product Development and working closely with our key factories. Work closely with Sales, Design Director, and Product Development Team to determine product lines and develop Concepts for each account
· Actively participate in the brainstorming processes, bringing exciting new ideas to the table
· Communicate directly with factories and in-house sample team to develop new product concepts
· Prepare Bills of Materials to communicate detailed product specifications and builds thoroughly and effectively
· Prepare art direction and communicate this direction to art teams
· Work closely with multiple departments in order to get design projects completed on time
· Keep up to date on industry trends and market activity
· Aid in preparing product presentations for Sales Team
· Candidates must have at least 2-3 years’ experience in product development/design.
· Candidates must be capable of managing multiple projects at once with tight deadlines in an extremely fast paced work environment.
· Bachelors degree from a 4 year accredited University preferred
· Prior experience in picture framing, interior design, or home décor is a huge plus.
· Must have general awareness of the retail market, pricing, and perceived value
· Must be a motivated self-starter
· Must be able to work both autonomously or in a team setting
· Must have a good eye for sellable art and design
· Proficient in Office Programs (Word, Excel, MS Outlook and etc.)
· Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite a plus
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills